October 7, 2012

Countdown to Halloween: DIY the Corpse Bride Look

I admit it. I haven't seen this movie yet! I know, it's a Helena Bonham Carter movie and I should have seen it, but I haven't. I do want to though. I love the style of the animation and the character design.

If you would like to be the Corpse Bride for Halloween (or just for fun, because this is a free country after all!), Cut Out and Keep has it covered for you. You'll have to go to the site to find out how to make these items, so please click the link.

DIY the Look--Corpse Bride

I was hoping to be Miss Havisham this year but will probably end up throwing something dreadful together at the last minute. Why bring a Dickens character into this? Well, she is being played by Helena Bonham Carter in the upcoming movie, and of course, in many ways the poor thing is a corpse bride that just happens to still be alive and dangerous--very dangerous! Miss Havisham has fascinated me since I read Great Expectations in 8th grade (for fun--yes, I am a nerd).

First Look at Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham in Great Expectations

It would be such a great costume, and not too hard to do. I figure I would get a cheap old 80s Victorian style wedding dress and tea dye it, dirty it up a bit with maybe grey eyeshadow, tatter and tear it...it would be fun :D The only part I can't figure out is how to walk with one shoe off and one shoe on...that would get old fast! I guess that's why Miss Havisham mostly stays seated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and free of profanity. If you know my daughter's name, please do not post it here. Just refer to her as The Precious. Thank you!